Olive Rosemary Bread
- 1/3 - 1/2 c brine from olives
- Warm water, enough to make 1 1/2 cups when combined with brine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
pour wet directly into machine
- 1 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c ground flax seed
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached flour
(grains total 3 3/4 c)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tb dried rosemary
mix dry in a bowl before adding to machine
make little valley for
- 1 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
after the beep at 2:20, add
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup finely chopped olives (about 2 dozen pitted olives)
I've used kalamatas, spanish, even minced NOLA's Central Grocery Olive Salad!
- 3 or more garlic cloves, minced
Put brine in a 2-cup measure; add warm water to make 1 1/2 cups.
Put all ingredients except for the olives in the bread machine according to your manufacturer's preferred order. (My order is in italics).
Choose basic or wheat setting; add olives at the beep.