5.13.2020

My Most Easy Recipe

I call it the Hong Kong Scramble.

First, the backstory...
Dec 2003-Jan 2004. I was visiting Lisa in Hong Kong. She had a Nike Design HK contract job, staying at a long-term hotel with a double bed. She was lonely, and had a large meal stipend. All I had to pay for was my flight and any additional shopping (all, she says, haha).
The room came equipped with a microwave and mini-fridge. We usually had dinner leftovers.

Lisa went to work fairly early and I loved waking up slowly, sipping TenRen Tung-ting Oolong tea and looking out the window at the fabulous view.
I would make a super simple breakfast adding an egg to the leftovers. Indian Curries were especially accepting to this method.

Hong Kong Scramble

  1. Put stewy leftovers in a bowl (curries, rajas, mash potatoes, creamed spinach, etc).
  2. Stir in an egg or two.
  3. Cook in microwave for 1 minute. 
  4. Remove, stir again.
  5. Cook for another 30 seconds+ (as needed)
  6. Enjoy!
Here's a Hong Kong traffic movie to watch while you eat your scramble:

Linking up with
Shelbee's Spread the Kindness

3 comments:

  1. I love making new meals out of leftovers! I like to throw leftovers into a bowl of ramen...anything from sliced meats to grilled veggies and always a scrambled egg! Thanks for linking up, Anne!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same in a frying pan but I will try the microwave...

    ReplyDelete