yield 6 8oz jars
(adapted from this recipe by Jen on Just a Pinch)
• 20 medium sized ripe guavas
• 3 c sugar
• 1 pinch salt
• water as needed
1. Wash and remove stems off the guavas.
2. Scoop out the centers of the guavas and put in a strainer over a bowl.
3. Cut the guava pulp with skin into quarters and place in a blender to puree. Add enough water to help the mixture liquefy. Pour into
5. At this point you can get the seeds and strain those as well, this part will require a spatula or the back of a spoon to help you get the puree through the strainer. [I suggest pouring some water over them. You DON'T want any seeds in your jam. Jawbreakers.]
6. Combine both strained purees with the sugar into a pot. Cook on high until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly as to avoid sticking or burning.
7. Add the pinch of salt and Lower to medium heat. Continue to cook and stir occasionally for about 30 minutes.