8.01.2011

gluttony on tour: day 1. williamsburg, brooklyn, ny

Almost a week ago, I landed at JFK after a red eye flight in business class (thank you Severo). I made my way to Brooklyn where I was going to rendezvous with Severo, who flew into Newark and was getting a car. 
We decided that Pies -n- Thighs would be a good spot to meet. Good decision!
it did not take me long to decide on the Fish n Grits
mmmmm
homey ambiance
rare moment with empty tables
I parked myself at my table and waited for hours. (Severo's Chicago connection got canceled and he had to scramble for another flight). Fritz, an old College of Creative Studies friend who lives in Brooklyn stopped by for his breakfast. We hadn't seen each other since 1978, when I moved out of NYC!
There was a great fashion parade of cute girls in summer outfits. (Check over on SpyGirl for those pix).
Severo finally showed up at about noon.

also ordered Fish n Grits
I had a great time hanging out at Pies -n- Thighs. The food is GREAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment