2.19.2021

EggSlut and "The Slut" Recipe

 Last weekend, Severo and I made a trek to EggSlut Venice for takeaway breakfast.

Yum!
Behold "The Slut"
This morning, I decided to replicate it.

Success!

The recipe:

EggSlut Slut
makes 1 serving

Ingredients

  • 1/2 c mashed potatoes
  • 1 egg
  • butter (I used 1/2 tsp)
  • chopped chives (I used Egyptian Walking Onion)
Method

  1. Get a tempered* jar with tight-fitting lid (at least 8 oz size)
  2. Before adding ingredients, measure for water level in saucepan. Put the empty jar in the pan. Add water to cover. You want the jar completely covered.
  3. Remove jar from pan, heat water to boil
  4. Spray inside of jar with Pam (cleanup will be easier)
  5. In jar, add ingredients in order listed (start with potatoes on bottom)
  6. Cover jar with lid, place in boiling water
I cooked mine for 7 minutes for a runny yolk.
Time may differ, depending upon size of jar and desired consistency of egg.

Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Narrow slices of toasted baguette a nice garnish.

*An 8oz canning jar is perfect. DO NOT use "any old jar". I tried.
The jar broke when I put it in the boiling water bath. Sad face.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Anne, I was looking for the A2Z post for today and I came across this little gem...OMIGOSH and it was perfect timing because I was ready for breakfast. I made it for myself and shared the post on my blog...hope you don't mind me sharing your
    Recipe
    I also wrote a little about people
    Cheers,
    Crackerberries

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a novel idea! I will have to try it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try it yet? We had it this week! So good!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Haha. "Liberated" from The House of Blues club on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood. Club closed in 2015, property redeveloped 2017.

      Delete