12.25.2011

Christmas Tradition: Popovers for Breakfast


Here is the recipe from my 1943 edition of Fannie Farmer
I now ignore that "1/2 for 2" notation

cast iron "gem pan"
tip: put it in the oven while preheating

the ingredients are simple:
flour, salt, eggs, butter, milk

I mix it all in the blender

I wind up filling the cups about 2/3 full

here's how they look after 20 min @ 450˚

another 15 min @ 350˚ and they're done!

while waiting, I get out all the jams
this year's array, left to right:
Deborah's fig [too old to eat]
my Raspberry [killer]
my strawberry
Linda's + my Almond Brandy Plum
Linda's + my Plum
my Seville Marmalade from Roxanne + Ed's tree
my Mango
Trader Joe's Lemon Curd [oh, my]
Hill Orchards (RI) Apple Butter
Hash House (Las Vegas) Apple Butter [OMG]
Hash House (Las Vegas) Persimmon [insipid]
Loretta Lynn's (TN) Southern Peach Pecan [one of Sev's faves]
Vallee Blueberry [yum]

the table is set...

YUM!
[2022] Linking up with Shelbee's On the Edge

2 comments:

  1. Those rolls look absolutely scrumptious. BTW, used some of those pretty printed papers you sent again recently in a class. The ladies really liked them. Thanks again.
    Blessings to you, Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the ladies liked the papers!

    The popovers were so delicious, we had them again this morning to celebrate the new year. :-)

    ReplyDelete