yield: Makes 12 muffins
3 bananas, mashed
1/3 cup molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
½ cup ground flaxseed meal
½ cup wheat germ
½ cup bran
½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
ginger, cardamom, clove
¼ c crystalized ginger, chopped
(1 cup chopped dates)
(1/2c chopped nuts)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C), and prepare 12 muffin cups with papers or cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the wet
3. In a Qt measuring cup, mix together the dry
4. Gently stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture, adding the ginger (and/or nuts and dates).
5. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
This is a combo of the Fannie Farmer banana bread and an Epicurious molassas, date + flax muffins recipe. I think coconut would be good in this too. Next time!
there is "something" missing... needs more ginger? the dates? more orange zest? not sure...
muffin is very moist thanks to the bananas.
not your typical cardboard "it's good for you" bran muffin