3.18.2012

Gluttony in Austin - Day 1: Breakfast

Hi y'all! I had the BEST TIME in Austin, TX, attending TxSC, a conference for "female bloggers, shop owners, and friends in fashion." My musings on the conference itself are over on SpyGirl. Here, I'll tell you about all the eating and shopping that Severo and I managed to wedge in between my fashion blogger activities.
a bit of color to the east as we near Houston
click on images to see bigger 
We flew a red-eye from LAX to Austin, via Houston. As usual, I didn't sleep much, while Severo snored away moments after buckling his seat belt. It's a rare gift that he has!
The coolest thing I saw out the window in the semi-darkness was a full moon illuminating the cloud cover and horizontal flares of lightning glowing intermittently. Sad that it was too dark to capture with a camera and I was too spaced out to sketch it on my iPad.
fantastic clouds between Houston and Austin
Upon landing, our first act of gluttony was breakfast.
Migas at Taco Xpress, to be exact!
It was already starting to rain, so we ate inside
My migas plate and Sev's breakfast tacos with chorizo.
I had been craving migas ever since I registered
for the conference in January... maybe even before that...
They don't have decent migas in LA --
strange but true.
Then it was time for some sugar!
Severo wisked us over to Sugar Mama's, a bakery he discovered online through an article in the Austin Chronicle.

I had THE BEST lemon cupcake --
THE MOST LEMONY I have ever eaten!
I was in lemon raptures!!!!!!
(The lemon bar, on the other hand, failed to impress)
more on Sugar Mama's and their cupcakes
is over on Cupcake Safari
the deluge continued outside
as we satisfied our sweet teeth
Next up: shopping on South Congress...

No comments:

Post a Comment