Memorial Day, noon: after picking up Severo at LAX, I was craving an Alejo's chopped italian salad, but they were closed. As was the Pasta Factory in Marina Del Rey (same menu). Severo had the brilliant idea to try Lemonade. (Remember we'd had their Lime Bar a few days ago?) Glad!
|severo's blueberry lemonade, my plate|
1) spaghetti squash, farro, pomegranate vinaigrette - meh. too bland.
took home and doctored with feta, onions + basalmic dressing. greatly improved.
2) crunchy cabbage, apple, sunflower seeds, asian vinaigrette - good
3) black kale, shiitaki mushroom, lemongrass, kumquat - YUM! will get again for sure
4) beets, pickled onion, hazelnut vinaigrette - YUM
these are all 1/2 portions
1) asiago cheese bread
2) orecchiette, asparagus, perlini mozzarella, sorrel vinaigrette - subtle yet good
3) blue lake green beans, caesar dressing - meh. missing "something"
4) brussels sprouts, shaved parmesan, balsamic - tart! too tart!
5) seared ahi tuna, crushed orange ponzu - good, though ponzu too sweet for me
6) avocado, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, lime - YUM! amazingly generous with the avo.
|salted caramel "macaroon" - not a macaroon, not really a macaron - more cakey. tasty though|
|cucumber + mint lemonade - a little too heavy on the cucumber - too vegetably. |
did not finish and would not order again