3.29.2022

Tastes of Ethiopia

 I met up with Sheena last week to deliver some goodies from our mutual insta-friend Silvana.

Sheena was craving Ethiopian cuisine, and we met for lunch at Merkato, in the heart of Little Ethiopia on Fairfax.
I had Asa Tibbs: fried fish with sides of (right to left)
Tomato Salad, Atkit Wot Cabbage, Collards, Misir Wot Lentils, Kik Alicha Yellow Split Peas, served on Injera bread

The mix of flavors was SO delicious!
The takeaway leftovers substantial!
There was so much Injera, I decided to try cooking more of my favorites.

After much Google sleuthing, I landed on these recipes, including the essential Berbere spice blend:

and Zigni which sounded so good, and is! beef stew

Linking up with

2 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I have had some authentic foreign food!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethiopian food is so yummy!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete