We had a "perfect storm" of leftover chips from el Tarasco, an abundance of roasted chiles, and huge appetites. Not having been to Austin in a while, I Googled the recipe.
Found something close to what I wanted at Homesick Texan
here is my version:
Migas De Walgrove Manor por Dos
4 stale corn tortillas (or roasted on burner) (or already deepfried)
dollop of bacon grease (or canola oil)
1/2 md onion, chopped
2-4 garlic cloves, minced or mashed
3 roasted + peeled poblano (or hatch) chiles
salt to taste
1c grated cheese (I use NY extra sharp cheddar)
fresh cilantro, chopped
1. In a medium iron skillet, heat up grease on medium-high, and place tortillas into pan one by one, cooking for a bit, turning once. Remove from pan, set aside. (If using already fried tortills, skip this step)
2. Add onions, garlic + peppers to the pan, and cook for a couple of minutes.
3. Add eggs + milk to pan and mix with fork immediately. Add salt, if desired.
4. Crumble tortillas into pan, stir.
5. Sprinkle cheese on top of eggs and continue to cook until melted.
6. Add garnish.