9.15.2015

Gluttony in NJ: Tops Diner

In August, Severo very kindly flew me east for a couple of days in Manhattan and a Smithereens gig on Long Island. Per usual, we flew a red eye that landed in Newark. Red eye flights tend to make me very grumpy and we have discovered that FOOD will soothe the savage beast that I become.
Severo consulted Yelp, and found a gem of a New Jersey diner called Tops Diner, located in Harrison. 
It's a HUGE place! We were seated in a quiet, dark, area
The menu is extensive
We started with Cuban Coffee -- perfection!
Eventually, our massive breakfasts arrived:
We ate with abandon. It was outstanding!
I ordered Eggs From Heaven: Three Eggs baked with Cheesy Grits, Bacon, Tomato & Chives, served with Green Salad
Severo ordered Corned Beef Hash & Eggs: House Corned Beef, Bell Peppers, Onions & Potatoes, topped with Two Eggs, served with Buttermilk Pancakes
Truly memorable. We will return!

2 comments:

  1. Meaty hearty breakfast foods are some of my favorite things to eat. And I like Severo's attitude whenever I see him in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meaty hearty breakfast foods are some of my favorite things to eat. And I like Severo's attitude whenever I see him in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete